All About Sports

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Paul Scholes Retire

Through the official website of Manchester United (MU), Paul Scholes (36) states of the stage stop playing professional football and apply it immediately after the announcement was made. Starting next season, Scholes will play a role as trainer for MU.

"I'm not one who likes to talk a lot, but I honestly say that playing football is something I wanted to do and has a long and successful career at Manchester United is a great honor," said Scholes. 

"This is not a decision I took with ease, but I feel now is the right time for me to stop playing. Being part of a team that helped the club earned (Premier League) is the 19 th of pride." 

"I want to thank the fans for their tremendous support throughout my career. I also want to thank all the coaches and players who have worked with me over the years." 

"Especially, I would like to thank Sir Alex (Ferguson) as it has become an extraordinary manager. From the first day I joined this club, the door was always open and I know this team will continue to win trophies under his leadership," said Scholes. 

Responding to the decision-Scholes, manager Alex Ferguson said, "What else can I say about Scholes that I never have to say. We'll lose a great player. Paul was always fully committed to this club and I am glad he will be coaching staff next season

"Paul has become an inspirational player for players of all generations and we all know it will continue in his new role," added Ferguson. 

Scholes has defended Manchester United's first team since 1994. He has played as many as 676 times and scored 150 goals. He helped Manchester United won ten Premier League titles, two Champions League trophies, the Club World Cup, three FA Cups, and a host of other trophies.

Paul Scholes Retire Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments:

Post a Comment