All About Sports

Monday, October 10, 2011

Capello Leave Rooney

Most likely Capello Leave Rooney, Capello has warned Rooney that he may have put his UEFA EURO 2012 ambitions at risk with his red card in Montenegro. Capello's immediate response to the 6th red card of Rooney's furious career was to defend him and express his continued believe in Rooney, even though the dismissal came just 24 hours after he was explicitly asked if he was in the correct frame of mind to play following off the field troubles.


Capello was also at pains to point out Rooney remains part of his plans and, barring injury, will be part of his squad in Poland and Ukraine next summer. However, there was a sting in the tail of Capello's words. In lashing out at Miodrag Dzudovic, Rooney might just have been booting himself out of the European Championships.

"I want to find the solution for the 1st game, or 2 games, that Rooney won't play," stated Capello. "And if we find that solution, he requires to work to return to the first XI. You know me. Sometimes I make errors but I try to select the best players, in the best moment of form.

"There were two I didn't select for this match who are doing really well. I saw the match that Defoe played versus Arsenal. He did really good. He ran a lot and pressed a lot. Daniel Sturridge is the same."

Pressed as to where he was really prepared to leave Rooney out, even if one of the world's best players was available for choice, Capello said: "Yes. In my life as a manager I've put on the bench a lot of players. I always chose who was the best player at that moment."

And if Capello Leave Rooney, Rooney will be missing when England take on Spain at Wembley next month, and when Capello declares his starting line-ups for the friendlies that follow the 25-year-old won't be in those either.

"Rooney won't play versus Spain. I want to test new players, a new style and different movement," added Capello, before broadening his point. Sometimes he will come on at half-time. But not from the start. He won't start. We require to set up the first XI who will start in the EUROs. I have got a lot of forwards at this moment, really good forwards, and I need to find the best solution."

Capello Leave Rooney Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments:

Post a Comment