All About Sports

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Robbie Rogers Confessed Gay

The U.S. national team and Leeds United former player, Robbie Rogers, said he quit professional football after admitting gay.

Rogers (25 years old), who loaned Leeds to Stevenage last January, is the third professional footballer who publicly announced that he was gay.


 
"I always think I can hide my true sexual orientation. Soccer is my escape, my purpose, and my identity," said Rogers.

"Well, now, time for me to step down.'s Time for me to find my true self, to move away entirely from the world of football."

English Football Association, FA, said Rogers fully supports the decision, regardless of the reason for his retirement from professional football.

A year ago, FA launched a policy plan aimed to respect the differences in sexual orientation, primarily to address cases of homophobia and transphobia.

through Twitter

 
Players born in California, USA, which has strengthened 18 times the U.S. national team, announced he was gay via his Twitter account on Friday.

"For 25 years, I experienced the fear, the fear of showing my true identity," Rogers wrote in his social networking account.

He then said, keep a personal secret meetings mental damage. "People a lot of preaching about honesty, how to be honest it is very simple and full of innocence. After 25 years, try to explain
that someone you love are gay."

"Football hide my secret,
which gives me happiness than I imagined ... I will always be grateful for my career in the world of football."

"(Now) my secret has been revealed, I fully became a free man, I can make a living and I can define who I was."

Robbie Rogers Confessed Gay Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments:

Post a Comment