All About Sports

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Gerrard making plans for come back

Gerrard is eyeing the English Premier League clash with Tottenham Hotspur in a fortnight's time as a possible return date, as the Liverpool captain edges closer to a return after more than 5 months on the sidelines following groin surgery.

Gerrard, who has been absent since mid-March, admits he's desperate to come back on the pitch and has full confidence that his troublesome groin is now totally fixed and "as strong as ever".

The 31-year-old, who has only played 6 match for Liverpool since Kenny Dalglish returned as manager, is now looking to see how things go as he takes part in full training and during a practice match that's being scheduled, but he desires to be back in first-team action in the near future.

He stated on Liverpool's website: "I feel really well and I am back kicking balls again - it is all positive. I should be back in full training with the team on Thursday or Friday of next week.

"I won't be involved versus Stoke next Saturday but my plan is to hopefully be involved in the game versus Tottenham. It will be Kenny's decision when I come back in." Liverpool play Spurs at White Hart Lane on 18 Sept. Gerrard added: "At the moment it is all good and I am itching to get back. In fact it is worse than itching, my stomach is turning.

"It is been a tough 5 months for me since I had the surgery. It is been up and down emotionally and I have missed playing so much. I have had a good rest, I am fired up and I am raring to go again. I know I am going to come back fitter, solider and hungrier than ever."

Gerrard had initially been expected to be back for the start of the new campaign but he suffered a setback in July when he was admitted to hospital with an infection related to the groin hurt. He told: "Since coming out of hospital my rehab has gone really good. I am really pleased and positive again. My groin is as strong as it is ever been.

"My groin is examined when I am working and the physios collect data. My groin scores now are better than before I even started feeling my groin. What I have done over the past 4 weeks tells me that's the case and I have got full confidence in it."

Gerrard making plans for come back Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments:

Post a Comment