All About Sports

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tevez refuses declining to play

Tevez has refused declining to play versus Bayern Munich in last night's Champions League match in a statement published to Press Association Sport.

Tevez furious manager Roberto Mancini when he looked to decline to exit the substitutes' bench and take the field during the second-half with City trailing 2-0. Mancini later claimed tevez would never play for him at Man City again before saying he would consult the club's owner about the way forward. But Tevez this morning claimed he didn't decline to play and also told he was ready to fulfil his duties to the club.

Tevez stated in his statement "I would like to apologise to all Manchester City fans, with whom I've always had a solid relationship, for any misunderstanding that occurred in Munich. They understand that when I'm on the pitch I've always given my best for the club.

"In Munich on Tuesday I had warmed up and was prepare to play. This isn't the suitable time to get into particular details as to why this didn't happen. But I wish to state that I never declined to play. There was some confusion on the bench and I trust my position may have been misunderstood. Going forward I'm ready to play when needed and to fulfil my duties."

Mancini said last night he would talk with Khaldoon al-Mubarak in the next few days to choose what to do. Mancini intended to introduce Tevez as a substitute for the final half an hour. However, in a move that seems sure to trigger his eventual departure from the club, the 27-year-old seemed to simply say: "No."

"In the next days, we'll talk with Khaldoon," stated Mancini. "It's normal. He's the chairman. He determines everything. If I decided, yes (he would leave). He wanted to leave last year. I helped him for 2 years every time. He declined to play. I can't accept this behaviour from him. I decide the substitutions, not Carlos."

Tevez didn't look particularly perturbed by the situation he has brought himself in when he left the stadium. However, the Blues did get extra protection at the airport to ensure furious fans didn't encroach beyond acceptable levels. Having agitated for a move for so long, Tevez will surely get his wish, and there was no apology for his actions directly after the game.

"I've been professional during all my time here," he said Sky Sports News. "Last season I was the top scorer and I desired to leave for family reasons but I keep trying to do my best."

Tevez refuses declining to play Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

3 comments:

  1. I already link yout blog, sorry for the delay, do the same please

    http://davidjosepereira.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @David : ok
    @Error : namanya juga udah ga betah gan di city :D

    ReplyDelete