All About Sports

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Carragher Will Retire

Season 2012/2013 will be the last season for Liverpool's Jamie Carragher after he decided retire when this season end.

Carragher retired news was delivered via the club's official website on Thursday (07/02/2013) while answering all the speculation about the future of the 35-year-old defender. Carragher contract will expire next summer.



"This will be my last season with Liverpool and the end of my career as a professional footballer," said Carragher.


"I made the announcement now because I do not want to question the manager or the club about my future when I've decided what I want to do after that," he continued.


"My commitment is want to look my best for Liverpool FC until the end of the season, as I've done during my career since joining the club when I'am nine years old."


Carragher professional career with Liverpool in January 1997 in the match against Middlesbrough. Afterwards Carragher turn to one of Liverpool's star player with 723 appearances and contributed four goals - most caps under Ian Callaghan with 857 appearances.


For 16 years with Liverpool uniforms, Carragher contributed two FA Cups, one Champions League, one UEFA Cup, one European Super Cup and two Community Shield.


"Being an honor and a valuable experience for me to defend a great club so far and I'm certainly proud to have done it and thank you for all support. Lot of memory and wish I shared with the people who contributed to me, but this is the right time to do it," Carragher said.


"I do not want to comment anything about this decision until the end of the season; Our focus and concentration all this team was able to finish the season as possible and try to win the trophy last in the competition in which we compete," said Carragher.


Having knocked out in the FA Cup and the League Cup and are still stuck in seventh place Premier League, Europa League trophy so one last chance for
Carragher to win the championship title before retiring.

Carragher Will Retire Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments:

Post a Comment