All About Sports

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Van Persie The Next Captain

Van Persie maintains he's prepare to take on the responsibility of Arsenal captain after being appointed as replacement to Cesc Fabregas.

The Spain midfielder finished his move back to Barcelona yesterday, and van Persie will take the armband full-time, having been vice-captain last season.

Speaking in tonight's Arsenal matchday programme for the UEFA Champions League play-off 1st leg against Udinese, van Persie told: "As captain you're an ambassador for the team and I'm ready for that.

"I've been in the game now for more than ten years, so I know how this world works. I understand that sure actions have effects. I know that quite well, I feel experienced, so I feel ready for this. I know that every single player represents their club anyway, everywhere you're, 24/7. I've been dealing with it for a few years now, so I know what my role is."

Van Persie continued: "You should always try to show respect, and this is just basic stuff that all human beings should have in their life - just being nice to people. It is the little things, like giving people a minute of your time in the street, you show them respect, and live with your principles on life."

Van Persie The Next Captain Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

2 comments: