All About Sports

Monday, January 16, 2012

Dean Windass tried to kill himself

Again, suicide attempts occurred among football. The former Hull City player, Dean Windass, admitted attempting suicide after feeling frustrated and trapped in alcohol dependence.


After the Wales manager, Gary Speed, committed suicide at the age of 42 years. Windass also 42 years old.


This player scored to ensure Hull City qualify for the Premier League for the first time in the 104-year history in the 2007-08 season. He left Hull in 2009 to retire there. However, he tried to keep playing in small clubs and last played in a small club Scarborough Athletic.


The destruction of the household that had lasted 18 years and its finances are deteriorating, making Windass trapped in alcohol. He admitted to experiencing frustration and try suicide.


"I cry every day in the last two years, since retiring from football. People outside football judge me already has everything. But, I like fall in a hole and did not know how to get out. Just a week ago, I was in the worst condition and decided to commit suicide, "said Windass to several British media.


"I need some sort of impingement, including talking to you. It's part of how to heal themselves. I'm feel alone and feel have nothing to go on living," he added.


He continued, "People think I'm a big and could face everything. But, I'm not ashamed to admit that I can not stand and almost committed suicide. I know it's stupid, but I could not cope with severe depression."


Windass said that after retiring he began chaotic and consuming alcohol. According to him, very little income and marriage were destroyed. Plus, his father, John Windass, passed away.


"Just a few days ago, alone and drunk at my house in Hull, I swallowed a lot of drugs in order to die. I think the pills will kill without pain," he admits.


But then his ex-girlfriend came and saved him. However, the next day he tried to hang himself.


"I had tied myself on the stairs. But, the rope is too long. I was really drunk. I also took the belt in order to successfully hanged himself. Then, my friend came and saved me," he said.


According to him, he is not alone. After hanging up his boots, a lot of players who later confused and frustrated. "There are hundreds players who are in a condition like me. Therefore, nothing was done so up in the morning," he said.


"The Association of Professional soccer players have to help us. I've hurt the closest
people. So, I went out today to admit that I need help,"

Dean Windass tried to kill himself Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments:

Post a Comment