All About Sports

Monday, February 18, 2013

Rafael Nadal Winning Brazil Open

Rafael Nadal won his first title since the French Open last year by beating David Nalbandian in straight sets in the final of Brazil Open.

The Spaniard, who had missed seven months due to knee injury, ending the fight with a 6-2 6-3 over Nalbandian in Sao Paulo.

Nadal lost two games in the first set and rise from 3-0 in the second set to score the victory in one hour and 18 minutes.



He is scheduled to appear in Mexico open which began on February 25.

And though he was not at his best match in Sao Paulo, the 26-year-old was satisfied that managed to end the week with a win his
51 tournament.

"I really enjoy this game because of all the problems that I have been through with my knee," said Nadal, who also won the Brazil Open in 2005.

"When I won for the first time here, I'm just starting a career in professional tennis and hopefully this victory will mark a new beginning."

Nalbandian admitted, "I do not exert my best game today, Rafa was much better. I had the lead in the second set but I do not use it."

Nadal targets his eighth title in the French Open in June, but now the target is simple, "I'm just going to think about Acapulco."

Rafael Nadal Winning Brazil Open Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments:

Post a Comment