All About Sports

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pedrosa Decide Absent at Silverstone

Dani Pedrosa will miss the British Grand Prix this weekend. Repsol Honda rider was not too fit to appear, it is still in the process of post-operative healing a broken right collarbone that membekapnya in France, 15 May.

A statement from Pedrosa's team say that a smaller plate than usual and screws have been used to repair broken bones, with the hope of avoiding the complications that occur in such damage on the other side of the Spanish rider's collarbone last fall. But this technique means they need a longer recovery time. 

"After dedicating full time to recovery, I have decided not to take part in races in Britain this weekend," said Pedrosa. 

"I've done all that can be done to fit in Silverstone, but the conditions are not appropriate to guarantee will return to compete." 

Pedrosa said he did not want to go back to feel well enough, so be very competitive. 

"I need to feel 100 percent fit before riding a motorcycle again and feel confident to fight for victory. I do not want to come just to spend a lap," he added. 

"I've raced many times with the pain and experience tells me, that I was not ready to be competitive. 

"I've decided not to risk further and instead will continue the recovery process, so I can come back with the best possible way. It's time for me to be logical and not just follow what my heart says, or my desire to return.

"I want to return as quickly as possible, but I want to do when I have the ability to fight for victory. This is not the time." 

Pedrosa injured when he collided with Marco Simoncelli as they struggle to compete for second place in the Le Mans circuit. As a result, he suffered a broken right collarbone and had to have surgery, which makes it already absent at the Catalunya GP last weekend. With its decision absent in the UK, then this will be a second series in which Pedrosa absent.

Pedrosa Decide Absent at Silverstone Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Admin

0 comments:

Post a Comment